Monday, September 10, 2007

Van Gogh and writing and blues


blue van gogh
Originally uploaded by wanganeges
I keep moving away from this. And when I come back I realise that I was on a track or I was going somewhere but maybe it was painful to look at or too difficult. it is a bit like talking to Mum around my parents' wedding anniversary. She found it so difficult to think about or feel that it was easier to run away. The thing is though the running away is painful too. Very painful. So I am writing again. Slowly. Painfully. As well as working. I read this great quote today - rather like an ad - from a book by Dennis Palumbo. it said: Writer’s block. Procrastination. Loneliness. Doubt. Fear of failure. Fear of rejection. Just plain…fear. What does it mean if you struggle with these feelings on a daily basis?

It means you are a writer.

No comments: