Saturday, June 06, 2009

Writing and healing



So, how do you awaken to your destiny? Particularly when you have spent nearly your whole life working very, very hard and doing stuff you don't particularly want to do? I've been wallowing for a while. Hoping that things will go back to the way they were - because it felt safe. Three months in though (I am stubborn, that's true) it looks like that just isn't going to happen. I don't think I am going to get back what I had. So I've been in a bit of a dark place. Tohu v'bohu. But even though it doesn't feel like anything much is happening, it is a rich, dark place.It is full of ideas. Things are unformed and swirling. They are chaotic. And it is painful, particularly to my former sense of self. But it is pregnant with possibility. I think the thing to do right now is to start writing (and I wince as I say that...) Write out what interests me and what I care about - healing, detective stories, politics, France, black madonnas, people finding their true destiny, what we are here for...that's just some of it. Always good to make a list...

No comments: