Saturday, June 06, 2009

The path of the fool


Interestingly enough, when I started the ASOS course, I wrote that I felt like a fool. And now I think that's true. I am. One of the things I have realised in the last few months is that the path I am on could be described as the path of the fool. You fall over. Look an idiot. See things a little more clearly. Get up again. Fall over again...and on it goes. It's embarrassing and awkward and doesn't look good at all. People laugh at you (me!) Which is uncomfortable and difficult. But the clear-sightedness increases. As Sia says:"Healing is difficult" and in my experience she's not wrong. Looking good doesn't seem to be part of it. Let's make a list: People on the path of the fool: The Fool in King Lear; Sia doesn't seem to be afraid to look daft (she is so fabulous!); Jerry Wennstrom, one of my heros...and I'll add more when I run across worthy contenders...

No comments: